Tuesday 28 July 2009

The Hideaway

Cause for celebration - Thomas' exam results are in!! He is now (almost) a Master of Science. Venue, The Hideaway as it is virtually in our front room.

The pizza here is pretty good and their cocktails are great. We started with a bottle of prosecco, there was due cause for celebration after all and each ordered a pizza. On Tuesday nights there's a 2 for £10 offer which is great value. There's a fairly decent selection of toppings.

I had the Giadiniera, new to the menu, with artichoke, pine nuts, pesto, goats cheese and rocket. The flavours were good, I was disappointed with the lack of crispness to the crust, I like the odd burnt bit, think along the lines of Franco Manca, puffy, airy dough. This was a bit flat. Still, the cheese was good and the pesto was the strongest flavour. I do like to have a full covering of rocket on my pizza though, here it was a bit sparse.

That said, it must be noted that Thomas, Rob and Olly each had no complaints about their pizzas. Thomas, as always, ordered the Quattro Carni, chicken, chorizo, salami and parma ham. You really can't complain at £5 each and service here is always efficient and friendly. There's a basement bar and a rear garden, prettily covered by grapevines and fairy lights.

It's high time I venture to Market Row to sample Franco Manca for myself. Fellow bloggers posts are enough to tell me I would love it. For the time being, the best pizza I've ever had remains one I sampled in Tuscany last summer which had ample rocket and beneath was topped simply with cheese and tomato. This is closely followed by Grimaldi's in Brooklyn.

The Hideaway
114 Junction Road
N19
6/10

Hideaway on Urbanspoon

No comments: